I was tagged twice, so I’m gonna try and list 2 for each. Thanks Bevis and Chickybabe.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?
I started this Blog. Introduced by my girlfriend, I thought I wouldn’t keep it going, well this and the other blog too. I guess I also killed off a blog too.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one real close, but a couple of colleagues at work had babies. Also, a friend of my girlfriend gave birth recently. Oh and there was Bec too.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
My mum’s Aunty passed away aged 92.
4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?
Well, we went to Canberra for a week. It was great. And a great little weekend away to Erskine Falls. Loved it, very special weekend. Best memory was the kids singing impromptu songs in Canberra and the karate competition.
5. Best thing you bought?
Um, Vera Wang for my honey. 19 inch flat panel monitor.
6. Where did most of your money go?
Rent and moving house next week.
7. What do you wish you had done more of?
Run my fingers down my girlfriends back. Played some golf.
8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Work x 2.
9. What kept you sane?
My kids, My honey and her daughter.
10. What drove you mad?
My own incompetence sometimes.
Watching the Pies most of the year, except for the West Coast game.
11. What made you celebrate?
Taking my girlfriend to a Ball and to her first, full on, big Italian wedding. Both were big nights.
12. What made you sad?
Graham Kennedy passing away.
13. How was your birthday this year?
Super. Ferrari themed and a cold night to boot. Hired a dual control Daytona arcade racing machine, fantastic.
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
I’m guessing most people will say IR and full sale of Telstra, but for me, these are non issues for me. I already work in a contract environment, so from a personal point of view, I’m not scared about them but I can appreciate that those that are not and have other forms of protection have aright to be upset. On the Telstra front, it’s very unlikely to happen. They need a share price of over $5.00 and while it’s still down under $4.00 there is no way they’d flood the market with more shares. It just means it would drive down the price and defeat the purpose. By which time there’ll be a election, the government will change (unless there is another shooting of the feet by the opposition) and then the sale will be canned. For someone that doesn’t like politics, I can sure say something.
15. Were you in love in 2005?
16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?
I’ll be living in a new suburb in 2006 with my girlfriend, so what I would like, I will be getting. (Does that make sense?)
17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?
7th of March, the day after my birthday. I was involved in a car accident and had a pretty woeful rest of the month.
28th of October, when we got the keys to our house.
18. What song will remind you of 2005?
Foo Fighters – Best of you.
Gorillaz – Feel good inc & DARE.
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
Yes. Did I mention that I was moving in with my sweetie?
20. Biggest achievement this year?
We found a house to live in with each other. It’s a little bit Brady.
Going to see a counsellor and opening up.
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
The car crash. The length of time it took to repair it.
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
More interesting work. I’ve been a little disenchanted with the place but until the lottery ends up in my lap, I have to wait until I find something more interesting.
23. Best new person you met this year?
My girlfriend’s brother I met for the first time. He’s a good guy and a technical one at that. We have a bit in common.
I expect most will list bloggers here too, I’ll be no different. You can see their names over there ---->
(If I get to meet any of them, then I can list them again as non virtuals)
24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?Don’t go into the share market unless you know what you are doing.
You are never too old to seek help. No matter what, you don’t know everything.