Thursday, January 26, 2006

Those wacky speed cubers...

Back in the day, when I was in my teens, there was this phenomena called Rubik's Cube. A 3 by 3 by 3 cube of six colours and a twisty mechanism etc, you know the one. Here's a sample in case you forgot.



Well, I used to be able to complete it in an amount of time which I thought to be pretty good. Around about 1 and a half minutes or so. Now I found out that there are world championships and that the world record was set by Leyan Lo with a staggering time of 11.13 seconds!!!

This guy is a freak, but his great time wasn't good enough to win him the world championship. They have to complete the puzzle 3 times and then they take the average. He was .2 seconds slower than the champion (Shotaro Makisumi) at 14.9 seconds.

For more info on this exiting sport, head over to Speed Cubing site and be amazed.

No comments:

In keeping with the twitter theme.

Are You a Twitter Ninja?